Ms. Amicia Mussenden
(Director of Communication)
Office of Information and Communication Technology
Ministry of Justice and Legal Affairs
The ICT Centre operates as a department of the Ministry of Communications and is located at the C. A. Paul Southwell Industrial Site in Basseterre. The Department is headed by a Director of Technology. Our staff of approximately 27 persons includes:
- ICT Policy Advisor
- Coordinator (Development)
- Coordinator (Networks)
- Administrative Officer
- ICT Development Officer
- Enterprise Architect
- Network Specialist
- Systems Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Server Administrator
- Technical Specialist
To enable an innovative public service that enables citizen empowerment through improved empirical data analysis, green technologies and global information security
What We Do
We have the responsibility of implementing the policy directives and the government’s global ICT initiatives as adopted by the National ICT Governance Board. As part of this mandate, the department is committed to providing technical project management and compliance support regarding National ICT Governance Board decisions.
The ICT policy of the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis includes:
- the enhancement of relevant legislation and policy framework
- the improvement of availability of information
- the improvement of the integrity and confidentiality of information
- the reduction of skill gaps within the various sectors of the government
- the improvement of governance
- the modernization of the services of the government
- the improvement of public-private partnerships in all relevant aspects of mutual interest as between the government and the private sector
How We Carry Out Our Mandate
Within the Office of Information and Communication Technology there are several organizational units dedicated to pursuing:
- establishment and policing of ICT Policy
- promotion of the concepts and practices associated with the ideal of E-Government
- relevant administration and accounting
- technician services related to management and maintenance of the government-wide computer network system
- Technical support related to trouble-shooting services to all users of the government-wide computer network system
- Management of telecommunication services
- Development and management of government online services
The ICT Policy, Standards & Research unit collects, analyses and disseminates national ICT metrics, leads the development of the ICT Strategic Vision, maintains ICT policies, standards and procedures for the government, takes appropriate steps to strengthen ICT governance measures, and monitors and develops policy responses to emerging technologies.
The E-Government unit leads initiatives in regards to whole-of-government enterprise architecture solutions, drives all efforts geared at promoting government online services, conducts and maps work process reviews.
The Administration and Accounting unit manages all accounting functions, supervises and provides oversight of all operations and coordinates registration in regards to the KN domain.
The Training and Marketing function provides coordination for the civil servants training and certification testing and monitors and develops training programs in relation to emerging technologies; while also providing marketing for department essential services.
An ICT Infrastructure unit manages the government wide area network that provides information and telecommunication services for all of the government departments and manages government data centres and local innovation centres.
How We Are Financed
The operations of the ICT Centre are financed by budgetary allocations through the Ministry of Finance as outlined in the Annual Estimates and Budget of the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis.
How We Serve the Public
The Department engages a broad spectrum of stakeholders in discussions and other interactions in relation to the government’s thrust in several areas of development including digital transformation, cyber security and the promotion of e-government initiatives. We also provide facilitation for training in areas related to information and communication technology.
Who We Mostly Interact With
- The information technology units within all government ministries and departments
- All users within the government-wide computer network system
- Stakeholders in the field of technology services
- Industry and commerce entities involved in dealing with technology infrastructure and equipment
- Educational institutions
How You May Interact With Us
You may visit us at any time within regular working hours on weekdays or you may contact us by telephone at the following numbers:
- 467 1389
- 467 1410
- 467 1426
- 467 1432
- 467 1568
- 467 1594
- 467 1607
You may interact with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ictskn.
Some services related to training and available meeting spaces can also be accessed by visiting the online contact point for our Innovation Hub at www.innovationhub.kn.
Ministries and Departments can connect with our technical support unit by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
On The Horizon
Click HERE for information on the Digital Transformation Strategy for St. Kitts and Nevis
Click HERE for September Update on the Digital Transformation Strategy.